196. Amulele, G. M., M. H. Manghnani, B. Li, D. Errandonea, M. Somayazulu and Y. Meng, High-pressure ultrasonic and x-ray studies on monolithic 6H-SiC Composite, J. Appl. Phys., 95, 1806-1810 (2004).
195. Anand, M. L., A. Taylor, M. A. Nazarov, J. Shu, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Space weathering on airless planetary bodies: clues from the lunar mineral hapkeite, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 6847-6851 (2004).
194. Bonev, S. A., B. Militzer and G. Galli, Dense liquid deuterium: Ab initio simulation of states obtained in gas gun shock wave experiments, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 014101 (2004).
193. Charles, S. J., J. E. Butler, B. N. Feygelson, M. Newton, D. L. Carroll, J. W. Steeds, H. Darwsh, C. S. Yan, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Characterization of nitrogen doped chemical vapor deposited single crystal diamond before and after high pressure, high temperature annealing, Phys. Stat. Sol., 242, 2473-2485 (2004).
192. Chelazzi, D., M. Ceppatelli, M. Santoro, R. Bini and V. Schettino, High-pressure synthesis of crystalline polyethylene using optical catalysis, Nature Mater., 3, 470-475 (2004).
191. Chen, B., D. Penwell, J. H. Nguyen and M. B. Kruger, High pressure x-ray diffraction study of Fe2B, Solid State Comm., 129, 573-575 (2004).
190. Chen, X. J. and H. Q. Lin, Variation of the superconducting transition temperature of hole-doped copper oxides, Phys. Rev. B 69, 104518 (2004).
189. Chen, X. J., V. V. Struzhkin, R. J. Hemley, H. K. Mao, and C. Kendziora, High-pressure phase diagram of B12Sr2CaCu2O8+δ single crystals, Phys. Rev. B 70, 214502 (2004).
188. Chen, X. J., V. V. Struzhkin, S. Jung, H. K. Mao, R. J. Hemley, and A. N. Christensen, Pressure-induced phonon frequency shifts in transition-metal nitrides, Phys. Rev. B 70, 104501 (2004).
187. Cohen, R. E. and S. Mukherjee, Non-collinear magnetism in iron at high pressures, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 445-453 (2004).
186. De, S., P. J. Heaney, Y. Fei and E. P. Vicenzi, Microstructural study of synthetic sintered diamond and comparison with carbonado, a natural polycrystalline diamond, Am. Mineral, 89, 438-445 (2004).
185. Degtyareva, O., M. I. McMahon and R. J. Nelmes, High pressure structural studies of group-15 elements, High Pressure Res., 24, 319 (2004).
184. Degtyareva, O., M. I. McMahon, D. R. Allan and R. J. Nelmes, Structural complexity in gallium under high pressure: Relation to alkali elements, Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 205502 (2004).
183. Degtyareva, O., M. I. McMahon and R. J. Nelmes, Pressure induced incommensurate to incommensurate phase transition in antimony, Phys. Rev. B, 70 184119 (2004).
182. Delaire, O., T. Swan-Wood, and B. Fultz, Negative entropy of mixing for solutions of vandium-platinum, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 185704 (2004).
181. Ding, Y. and D. R. Veblen, Impactite from Henbury, Australia, Am. Mineral, 89, 961-968 (2004).
180. Dobson, D. P. and S. D. Jacobsen, The flux growth of magnesium silicate perovskite single crystals, Am. Mineral, 89, 807-811 (2004).
179. Duffy, T. S., Deeper understanding, Nature, 430, 409-410 (2004).
178. Eremets, M. I., M. Y. Popov, I. A. Trojan, V. N. Denisov, R. Boehler and R. J. Hemley, Polymerization of nitrogen in sodium azide, J.Chem. Phys., 120, 10618-10623 (2004).
177. Eremets, M. I., A. G. Gavriliuk, N. R. Serebryanaya, I. A. Trojan, D. A. Dzivenko, R. Boehler, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Structural transformation of molecular nitrogen to a single-bonded atomic state at high pressures, J. Chem. Phys., 121, 11296 (2004).
176. Errandonea, D., F. J. Manjon, M. Somayazulu and D. Häusermann, Effects of pressure on local atomic structure of CaWO4 and YLIF4: mechanisms of the scheelite-to-wolframite and scheelite-to-fergusonite transitions, J. Solid State Chem., 177, 1087-1097 (2004).
175. Fei, Y., J. Li, K. Hirose, W. Minarik, J. V. Orman, C. Sanloup, W. v. Westrenen, T. Komabayashi and K. Funakoshi, A critical evaluation of pressure scales at high temperatures by in situ X-ray diffraction measurements, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 516-526 (2004).
174. Fei, Y., J. V. Orman, J. Li, W. v. Westrenen, C. Sanloup, W. Minarik, K. Hirose, T. Komabayashi, M. Walter and K. Funakoshi, Experimentally determined postspinel transformation boundary in Mg2SiO4 using MgO as an internal pressure standard and its geophysical implications, J. Geophys. Res., 109, B02305 (2004).
173. Frank, M. R., Y. Fei and J. Z. Hu, Constraining the equation state of fluid H2O to 80 GPa using the melting curve, bulk modulus, and thermal expansivity of ice VII, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 68, 2781-2790 (2004).
172. Freiman, Y. A., S. M. Tretyak, T. N. Antsygina and R. J. Hemley, Magnetic quantum rotors, J. Low Temp. Phys., 134, 535-540 (2004).
171. Gong, Z., Y. Fei, F. Dai, L. Zhang and F. Jing, Equation of state and phase stability of mantle perovskite up to 140 GPa shock pressure and its geophysical implications, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L04614 (2004).
170. Gregoryanz, E., C. Sanloup, M. Somayazulu, J. Badro, G. Fiquet, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Synthesis and characteriztion of binary noble metal nitride, Nature Materials, 3, 294-297 (2004).
169. Guthrie, M., C. A. Tulk, C. J. Benmore, J. Xu, J. L. Yarger, D. D. Klug, J. S. Tse, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Formation and structure of a dense octahedral glass, Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 115502 (2004).
168. He, D. W., S. K. Shieh, and T. S. Duffy, Strength and equation of state of boron suboxide from radial x-ray diffraction in a diamond cell under nonhydrostatic compression, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 184121 (2004).
167. Hemley, R. J. and H. K. Mao, New findings in static high-pressure science, in Proceedings of the 13th APS Conference on Shock- compression of Condensed Matter (eds. M. D. Furnish, Gupta, Y. M. and Forbes, J. W.) 17-26 (American Institute of Physics, Argonne, IL, 2004).
166. Hemley, R. J., The H2O system under extreme conditions, in 2nd International Workshop on Water Dynamics (Sendai International Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, November 11-12, 2004).
165. Hirose, K., N. Shimizu, W. v. Westrenen and Y. Fei, Trace element partitioning in Earth's lower mantle and implications of geochemical consequences of partial melting at the core-mantle boundary, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 146, 249-260 (2004).
164. Iota, V., J.-H. Park and C. S. Yoo, Phase diagram of nitrous oxide: Analogy with carbon dioxide, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 004106 (2004).
163. Jacobsen, S. D., H. Spetzler, H. J. Reichmann and J. R. Smyth, Shear waves in the diamond-anvil cell reveal pressure-induced instability in (Me,Fe)O, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 5867-5871 (2004).
162. Jacobsen, S. D., J. R. Smyth, H. Spetzler, C. M. Holl, and D. J. Frost, Sound velocities and elastic constants of iron-bearing hydrous ringwoodite, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter. 143-144, 47-56 (2004).
161. Jiang, F., S. Speziale, S. R. Shieh and T. S. Duffy, Single-crystal elasticity of andradite garnet to 11 GPa, J. Phys. Cond. Matt., 16, S1041-S1052 (2004).
160. Jiang, F. and T. S. Duffy, Single-crystal elasticity of grossular- and almandine-rich garnets to 11 GPa, J. Geophys. Res., 109, B10210 (2004).
159. Kantor, A. P., S. D. Jacobsen, I. Y. Kantor, L. S. Dubrovinsky, C. A. McCammon, H. J. Reichmann and I. N. Goncharenko, Pressure-induced magnetization in FeO: Evidence from elasticity and Mössbauer spectroscopy, Phys. Rev. Lett., 92, 215502 (2004).
158. Kawamoto, T., S. Ochiai and H. Kagi, Changes in th structure of water deduced from the pressure dependence of the Raman OH frequency, J. Chem. Phys., 120, 5867-5870 (2004).
157. Kawamoto, T., Hydrous phase stability and partial melt chemistry in H2O-saturated KLB-1 peridotite up to the uppermost lower mantle conditions, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 387-395 (2004).
156. Keshav, S., G. H. Gudfinnsson, G. Sen and Y. Fei, High-pressure melting experiments on garnet clincopyroxenite and alkalic to tholeiitic transition in ocean-island basalts, Earth Planet Sci. Lett., 223, 365-379 (2004).
155. Klug, D. D., J. S. Tse, Z. Liu, X. Gonze and R. J. Hemley, Anomalous transformations in ice VII, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 144113 (2004).
154. Kumar, R. S., H. Kohlmann, B. E. Ligh and A. L. Cornelius, Anistropic elastic properties of CeRhIn5, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 014515 (2004).
153. Lee, S. K., Structure of oxide glasses and melts at high pressure: Quantum chemical calculations and solid state NMR, J. Phys. Chem. B, 108, 5889-5900 (2004).
152. Lee, S. K., G. D. Cody, W. Fei and B. O. Mysen, Nature of polymerization and properties of silicate glasses and melts at high pressure, Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 68, 4189-4200 (2004).
151. Li, J. and Y. Fei, Experimental constraints, in Treatise on Geochemistry, Vol. 2: The Mantle and Core (ed. R. W. Carlson) 521-546, Elsevier Pergamon, Amsterdam (2004).
150. Li, J., V. V. Struzhkin, H. K. Mao, J. Shu, R. J. Hemley, Y. Fei, B. Mysen, P. Dera, V. Prakapenka and G. Shen, Electronic spin state of iron in lower mantle perovskite, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 14027-14030 (2004).
149. Li, L., D. J. Weidner, P. Raterron, J. Chen and M. Vaughn, Stress measurements of deforming olivine at high pressure, Phys. Earth Planet. Interiors, 143-144, 357-367 (2004).
148. Lin, J. F., M. Santoro, V. V. Struzhkin, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, In situ high pressure-temperature Raman spectroscopy technique with laser-heated diamond anvil cells, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 75, 3302-3306 (2004).
147. Lin, J. F., Y. Fei, W. Sturhahn, J. Zhao, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Magnetic transition and sound velocities of Fe3S at high pressure: implications for Earth and planetary cores, Earth Planet Sci. Lett., 226, 33-40 (2004).
146. Lin, J. F., W. Sturhahn, J. Zhao, G. Shen, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Absolute temperature measurement in the diamond anvil cell, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, 14611 (2004).
145. Lin, J. F., B. Militzer, V. Struzhkin, E. Gregoryanz, R. J. Hemley and H. K. Mao, High pressure-temperature Raman measurements of H2O melting to 22 GPa, J. Chem. Phys., 121, 8423-8427 (2004).
144. Lin, J. F., O. Degtyareva, C. T. Prewitt, P. Dera, N. Sata, E. Gregoryanz, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Crystal structure of a high-pressure/high-temperature phase of alumina by in situ X-ray diffraction, Nature Materials, 3, 389-393 (2004).
143. Lin, J. F., V. V. Struzhkin, H. K. Mao, R. J. Hemley, P. Chow, M. Hu and J. Li, Magnetic Transition in compressed Fe3C from x-ray emission spectroscopy, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 212405 (2004).
142. Liu, H., C. Jin, J. Chen and J. Hu, Anomalous dynamical charge behavior of nanocrystalline 3C-SiC upon compression, J. Amer. Ceramic Soc., 87, 2291-2293 (2004).
141. Liu, H., J. Hu, J. Xu, Z. Liu, J. Shu, H. K. Mao and J. Chen, Phase transition and compression behavior of gibbsite under high pressure, Phys. Chem. Minerals, 4, 240-246 (2004).
140. Liu, H., H. K. Mao, M. Somayazulu, Y. Ding, Y. Meng and D. Häusermann, B1 to B2 phase transition of transition metal monoxide CdO under strong compression, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 094114 (2004).
139. Liu, Z., R. J. Hemley, J. Xu and H. K. Mao, Moissanite (SiC) as windows and anvils for high-pressure infrared spectroscopy, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 75, 5026 (2004).
138. Liu, H., J. Hu, J. Shu, D. Häusermann, and H. K. Mao, Lack of the critical pressure for weakening of size-induced stiffness in 3C-SiC nanocrystals under hydrostatic compression, Appl. Phys. Lett., 85, 1973-1975 (2004).
137. Liu, H., W. Klein, A. Sani and M. Jansen, Pressure induced phase transition and amorphization of Na3ONO2, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 6, 881-883 (2004).
136. Lokshin, K. A., Y. Zhao, D. He, W. L. Mao, H. K. Mao, R. J. Hemley, M. V. Lobanov and M. Greenblatt, Structure and dynamics of hydrogen molecules in the novel clathrate hydrate by high pressure neutron diffraction, Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 125503 (2004).
135. Ma, Y., M. Somayazulu, G. Shen, H. K. Mao, J. Shu and R. J. Hemley, In situ x-ray diffraction studies of iron to Earth-core conditions, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 455-467 (2004).
134. Manaa, M. R., E. J. Reed, L. E. Fried, G. Galli, and F. Gygi, Early chemistry in hot and dense nitromethane: Molecular dynamics simulations, J. Chem. Phys. 120, 10146-10153 (2004).
133. Mao, W. L. and H. K. Mao, Hydrogen storage in molecular compounds, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 708-710 (2004).
132. Mao, W. L., W. Sturhahn, D. L. Heinz, H. K. Mao, J. Shu and R. J. Hemley, Nuclear resonant x-ray scattering of iron hydride at high pressure, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L15618 (2004).
131. Mao, W. L., G. Shen, V. B. Prakapenka, Y. Meng, A. J. Campbell, D. L. Heinz, J. Shu, R. J. Hemley and H. K. Mao, Ferromagnesian postperovskite silicates in the D" layer of the Earth, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 15867-15869 (2004).
130. Meng, Y., H. K. Mao, P. J. Eng, T. P. Trainor, M. Newville, M. Y. Hu, C. Kao, J. Shu, D. Häusermann, and R. J. Hemley, The formation of sp3 bonding in compressed BN, Nature Materials, 3, 111-114 (2004).
129. Merkel, S., H.-R. Wenk, P. Gillet, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Deformation of polycrystalline iron up to 30 GPa and 1000 K, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 145, 239-251 (2004).
128. Papandrew, A. B., A. F. Yue, B. Fultz, I. Halevy, W. Struhahn, T. S. Toellner, E. E. Alp and H. K. Mao, Vibrational modes in nanocrystalline iron under high pressure, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 144301 (2004).
127. Patterson, J. E., Ultrafast dynamics at shock-compressed metal-liquid interface, University of Illinois PhD Thesis (2004).
126. Pollock, E. L. and B. Militzer, Dense plasma effects on nuclear reaction rates, Phys. Rev. Lett., 92, 021101 (2004).
125. Qiu, W., Y. K. Vohra, G. B. Thompson and S. Shi, Crystal structure and compresibility of FePt nanoparticles under high pressures and high temperatures, High Press. Res., 24 (2004).
124. Reichmann, H. J. and S. D. Jacobsen, High-pressure elasticity of a natural magnetic crystal, Am. Mineral, 89, 1061-1066 (2004).
123. Rubie, D. C., T. S. Duffy and E. Ohtani, New Developments in High-Pressure Minearl Physics and Applications to the Earth's Interior (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2004).
122. Sanloup, C. and Y. Fei, Closure of the Fe-S-Si liquids miscibility gap at high pressure, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter. 147, 57-65 (2004).
121. Santoro, M., E. Gregoryanz, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, New phase diagram of oxygen at high pressure and temperature, Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 265701 (2004).
120. Santoro, M., J.-F. Lin, H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, In situ high P-T Raman spectroscopy and laser heating of carbon dioxide, J. Chem.Phys., 121, 2780-2787 (2004).
119. Scott, H. P., R. J. Hemley, H. K. Mao, D. R. Herschbach, L. E. Fried, W. M. Howard and S. Bastea, Generation of methane in the Earth's mantle: in-situ high P-T measurements of carbonate reduction, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 14023-14026 (2004).
118. Senter, R. A., C. Pantea, Y. Wang, H. Liu, T. W. Zerda and J. L. Coffer, Structural influence of erbium centers on silicon nanocrystal phase transitions, Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 175502 (2004).
117. Sepliarsky, M., Z. Wu, A. Asthagiri and R. E. Cohen, Atomistic model potential for PbTiO3 and PMN by fitting first principles results, Ferroelectrics, 301, 55-59 (2004).
116. Shen, G., W. Sturhahn, E. E. Alp, J. Zhao, T. S. Toellner, V. B. Prakapenka, Y. Meng and H. K. Mao, Phonon density of states in iron at high pressures and high temperatures, Phys. Chem. Minerals, 31, 353-359 (2004).
115. Shieh, S. R., T. Duffy and G. Shen, Elasticity and strength of calcium silicate perovskite at lower mantle pressures, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 93-105 (2004).
114. Shim, S. H., T. S. Duffy, R. Jeanloz, C. S. Yoo and V. Iota, Raman spectroscopy and x-ray diffraction of phase transition in Cr2O3 to 61 GPa, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 114107 (2004).
113. Shim, S. H., T. Duffy, R. Jeanloz and G. Shen, Stability and crystal structure of MgSiO3 perovskite to the core mantle boundary, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L10603 (2004).
112. Signorato, R., D. Häusermann, M. Somayazulu and J.-F. Carre, Performances of an adaptive µ-focusing Kirkpatrick-Baez system for high pressure studies at the Advanced Photon Source, in Advances in Mirror Technology for X-Ray, EUV Lithography, Laser, and Other Applications (eds. A. M. Khounscary, Dinger, U. and Ota, K.) 112-123 (Proc. SPIE-Int. Soc. Opt. Eng, Bellingham, WA, 2004).
111. Slebodnick, C., J. Zhao, R. Angel, B. E. Hanson, Y. Song, Z. Liu and R. J. Hemley, High pressure study of Ru3(CO)12 by x-ray diffraction, Raman and infrared spectroscopy, Inorg. Chem., 43, 5245-5252 (2004).
110. Speziale, S., T. S. Duffy and R. Angel, Single-crystal elasticity of fayalite to 12 GPa, J. Geophys. Res., 109, B10201 (2004).
109. Steinle-Neumann, G. and R. E. Cohen, Comment on "On the importance of the free energy for elasticity under pressure", J. Phys.: Cond.Matter. 16, 8783-8786 (2004).
108. Steinle-Neumann, G., G. L. Stixrude and R. E. Cohen, Magnetism in dense hexagonal iron, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 33-36 (2004).
107. Steinle-Neumann, G., R. E. Cohen and L. Stixrude, Magnetism in iron as a function of pressure, Phys. Cond. Matt., 16, S1109-S1119 (2004).
106. Stewart, S. T. and T. J. Ahrens, A new H2O ice hugoniot: implications for planetary impact events, in Proceedings of the 13th APS Conference on Shock-compression of Condensed Matter (eds. M. D. Furnish, Gupta, Y. M. and Forbes, J. W.) 1478-1483 (American Institute of Physics, Argonne, IL, 2004).
105. Stewart, S. T., T. J. Ahrens and J. D. O'Keefe, Impact-induced melting of near-surface water ice on Mars, in Shock Compression of Condensed Matter - 2003 (eds. M. D. Furnish, Gupta, Y. M. and Forbes, J. W.) 1484-1487 (American Institute of Physics, Argonne, IL, 2004).
104. Strachan, A., T. Cagin, O. Gulseren, S. Mukherjee, R. E. Cohen and W. A. G. III, First principles force field for metallic tantalum, Modeling Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng., 12, 1-15 (2004).
103. Struzhkin, V. V., R. J. Hemley and H. K. Mao, New condensed matter probes for diamond anvil cell technology, J. Phys.: Cond. Matter, 16, S1071-S1086 (2004).
102. Struzhkin, V. V., H. K. Mao, W. L. Mao, R. J. Hemley, W. Sturhahn, E. E. Alp, C. L'Abbe, M. Y. Hu and D. Errandonea, Phonon density of states and elastic properties, of Fe-based materials under compression, Hyperfine Interactions, 153, 3-15 (2004).
101. Vajo, J. J., F. Mertens, C. C. Ahn, R. C. BowmanJr. and B. Fultz, Altering hydrogen storage properties by hydride destabilization through alloy formation: LiH and MgH2 destabilized with Si, J. Phys. Chem. B, 108, 13977-13983 (2004).
100. van Westrenen, W., M. R. Frank, J. M. Hanchar, Y. Fei, R. J. Finch and C. S. Zha, In situ determination of the compressibility of synthetic pure zircon (ZrSiO4) and the onset of the zircon-reidite phase transition, Am. Mineral, 89, 197-203 (2004).
99. Velisavljevic, N. and Y. K. Vohra, Distortion of alpha-uranium structure in praseodymium metal to 311 GPa, High Pressure Res., 24, 295-302 (2004).
98. Velisavljevic, N., K. M. MacMinn, Y. K. Vohra and S. T. Weir, Electrical measurements on praseodymium metal to 179 GPa using designer diamond anvils, Appl. Phys. Lett., 84, 927 (2004).
97. Vohra, Y. K., K. M. Hope, J. R. Patterson and J. Akella, Crystallographic anisotropy in compression of uranium metal to 100 GPa, Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., 802, DD 1.7.1 (2004).
96. Wang, Z., Y. Zhao, K. Tait, X. Liao, D. Schiferl, C. S. Zha, R. T. Downs, J. Qian, Y. Zhu and T. D. Shen, A quenchable superhard carbon phase synthesized by cold compression of carbon nanotubes, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 13699-13702 (2004).
95. Wang, Z., Formation of a quenchable dense carbon form by compression of double-walled carbon nanotubes, J. Phys. Chem. B, 108, 18192-18194 (2004)
94. Wenk, H. R., I. Lonardelli and D. Williams, In situ texture analysis of the transition in zirconium with neutron diffraction, Acta Mater., 52, 1899-1907 (2004).
93. Wenk, H. R. and P. V. Houtte, Texture and anistropy, Rep. Progr. Phys, 67, 1367-1428 (2004).
92. Wenk, H. R., I. Lonardelli, J. Pehl, J. Devine, V. Prakapenka, G. Shen and H. K. Mao, In situ observation of texture development in olivine, ringwoodite, magnesiowüstite and silicate perovskite at high pressure, Earth Planet Sci. Lett., 226, 507-519 (2004).
91. Wu, Z., R. E. Cohen, D. J. Singh, R. Gupta and M. Gupta, Weighted density approximation description of rare earth trihydrides, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 085104 (2004).
90. Wu, Z., D. J. Singh and R. E. Cohen, Electronic structure of calcium hexaboride within teh weighted density approximation, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 193105 (2004).
89. Wu, Z., R. E. Cohen and D. J. Singh, Comparing the weighted density approximation with the LDA and GGA for ground state properties of ferroelectric perovskites, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 104112 (2004).
88. Xu, J. A., H. K. Mao, R. J. Hemley and E. Hines, Large volume high pressure cell with supported moissanite anvils, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 75, 1034-1038 (2004).
87. Xu, J., Y. Ding, S. D. Jacobsen, H. K. Mao, R. J. Hemley, J. Zhang, J. Qian, C. Pantea, S. C. Vogel, D. J. Williams and Y. Zhao, Powder neutron diffraction of wüstite (Fe0.93O) to 12 GPa using large moissanite anvils, High Pressure Res., 24, 247-253 (2004).
86. Yan, C. S., H. K. Mao, W. Li, J. Qian, Y. Zhao and R. J. Hemley, Ultrahard single crystal diamond from chemical vapor deposition, Phys. Stat. Sol. A, 201, 25-27 (2004).
85. Yoshimura, Y., H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Transformation of ice in aqueous KCl solution to a high-pressure, low-temperature phas, Chem. Phys. Lett., 400, 511-514 (2004).
84. Zha, C. S., H. K. Mao and R. J. Hemley, Elasticity of dense helium, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 174107 (2004).
83. Zhang, J. and Y. Zhao, Formation of zirconium metallic glass, Nature, 430, 332-335 (2004).
82. Zhao, J., W. Sturhahn, J. F. Lin, G. Shen, E. Alp and H. K. Mao, Nuclear resonant scattering at high pressure and high temperature, High Press. Res., 24, 447-457 (2004).
81. Zhigang, W., R. E. Cohen, D. J. Singh, R. Gupta and M. Gupta, Weighted density approximation description of rare earth trihydrides, Phys. Rev. B, 69, 085104 (2004).